Monoprice Introduces New Product Line Designed to Make a House a Home
Leading E-tailer Expands into Houseware Category to Meet Growing Needs of Customers
Rancho Cucamonga, CA (July 24, 2018)—Capitalizing on a time when consumers are becoming more interested in creating stylish and trendy home environments, Monoprice, a leading online retailer of high-quality, affordable consumer electronics, today announced its first-ever foray into the flourishing home décor category with the launch of the Carbon Collection. Now available for purchase, the Carbon Collection features sophisticated home décor products including furniture, kitchen and barware, rugs and throw pillows.
While shoppers have been slow to embrace the purchasing of furniture and home goods online, U.S. retail ecommerce sales of both categories are expected to hit $50.32 billion in 2018, according to The eMarketer Ecommerce Report. Monoprice, which has gained a cult following in the technology space for its cost-effective versions of the hottest items in technology, released the Carbon Collection to challenge high-price markup and cost margins found in category lifestyle leaders. Furthermore, the line specifically targets an audience often overlooked by category competitors: males.
“Over the last few years, we realized that our customers—and particularly males—have an appetite for creating a living space that’s both tech-forward and aesthetically pleasing. To fulfill that desire, we designed a home goods line that is contemporary, refined and, most importantly, affordable,” said Bernard Luthi, CEO at Monoprice. “This category expansion gives our customers—from first-time home owners and apartment renters to interior designers—the items they need to make their house a home without having to sacrifice style.”
Monoprice has experienced tremendous success in category disruption. The e-tailer has been revitalizing the consumer electronics and accessories categories since its inception in 2002—when it first sold basic tech gear, such as HDMI cables. From there, Monoprice grew to become the leader in 3D printing and also started offering USB-C monitors/workstations, high-grade audio and more. Most recently, the brand successfully expanded into the home appliance category with its Strata Home line, as well as the outdoor and cycling sector with its Pure Outdoor suite of products. Now, Monoprice is making its mark in the interiors space, a rapidly growing market that is estimated to garner $664 billion by 2020, according to information released by Allied Analytics, LLP.
Through the unveiling of its newest product line, Monoprice intends to position itself as the premier retailer for consumers seeking the latest and competitively-priced home décor items without making a dent in their wallets. Initial products in the Carbon Collection include:
- Curacao Bar Cart ($149.99) – 20s vintage-inspired bar cart features tempered smoked glass shelves and a chocolate chrome frame outfitted with a stemware rack and bottle holder
- Eastwood Winged Accent Chair ($329.99) – a stately accent chair with sleek track arms with antiqued nail head trimming, and a high back with a slight winged side for comfort
- Rizza Accent Table ($69.99) – striking and functional with a sleek finish in black and chocolate chrome
- Tiled Area Rug ($69.99-$139.99) – features a unique square design that’s stylish and durable (available in 5’x7’ and 8’x10)
- World Traveler 20×20 Poly Filled Throw Pillow ($39.99) – perfect for the travel enthused, this pillow is designed for comfort with a soft and fluffy poly fill
- Himalayan Salt Shot Glass Set ($16.99) – impress your guests with these unique and reusable shot glasses that add nuanced flavor to your tequila or mescal
- Copper Cocktail Straws ($16.99) – stainless steel with a polished copper finish, these will add instant sophistication to your get-togethers
For more information about Monoprice and all of its category offerings, please visit www.Monoprice.com.
About Monoprice, Inc. (DBA Monoprice.com)
Located in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., Monoprice, Inc. is an e-commerce leader specializing in providing more than 7,500 high-quality yet affordable electronics and tech products. As an industry innovator, Monoprice fills a void in the consumer technology market by delivering exceptional products that are on par with the best known national brands at prices far below the retail average with incomparable speed and service. Maintaining a business philosophy that focuses on the needs of its customers, the company strives to bring simplicity, fairness and confidence to consumers and businesses shopping for big-ticket electronics and tech accessories. For more information about Monoprice, follow us on Blog, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+, and YouTube.